National Scholarship Portal NSP 2022: The government of India started National Scholarship Portal (NSP) to digitalize the Scholarship Application process offered by the Central Government, State Governments and different government agencies like University Grants Commission (UGC), AICTE etc. Indian School, College & University Students can register at NSP (National Scholarship Portal) and get the list of government Scholarships, from which he/she is eligible to apply. The complete process is online.
There are total 80 scholarships listed on NSP and it is worth approx hundreds of crores. As per some official information, approx 100 lakh applicants receive scholarships through this National Scholarship Portal from central government, state government or from UGC.
Now students can apply for Pre Matric, Post Matric Scholarship, Minority Scholarship, Tribal Scholarship, Merit cum Means Scholarship etc directly from NSP. The complete process is online. No need to send any documents through the post. Just scan the documents and upload.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Information Chart
National Scholarship Portal NSP is a one-stop solution for the students. Here students can register only once and he/she can apply from scholarships, renew scholarships. All the information at one place. Here some important key points of NSP.
|Name||National Scholarship Portal (NSP)|
|Organised By||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India|
|No. of Scholarship Schemes||80+|
|Eligible Courses||Class 1 to PhD|
|Scholarships Provide by||Central & State Govt., UGC, AICTE|
|Application Start||June 2022|
Benefits & Objectives of NSP
The Mission Mode Project (MMP) of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) under the National e-governance plan aims at providing a common electronic portal for implementing various scholarship schemes. The benefits of NSP are described below.
- All scholarship information is available on one website only.
- There is only one integrated application for all the scholarships.
- Students will get scholarship suggestions on the dashboard according to their eligibility.
- The transparency will increase.
- Institutions will easily verify students’ data from this portal.
- Students can check their scholarship application status.
- Scholarship data will process very fast and students will get the scholarship amount within a few months.
- No need to submit any hard copies of documents to anywhere. The complete process is Online.
- The scholarship amount will directly be sent to the student’s bank account.
- Students can easily renew their scholarship applications.
Read More, List of Scholarships for Indian School & College Students
National Scholarship Portal 2022 Available Schemes
Students from the Class 1 to PhD courses can apply for scholarship schemes using NSP. Currently, there are four types of schemes are listed on the National Scholarship Portal:
- Central Government Schemes
- UGC Schemes
- State Government Schemes
- AICTE Schemes
The list of available scholarships under these schemes are described here.
List of Central Schemes
Here is the list of Scholarship schemes provided by the Central Government through its various departments. Students can apply for these scholarships from National Scholarship Portal NSP 2022. Department wise scholarships are listed out.
Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
- Merit cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS
Department of Empowerment or Person with Disabilities
- Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC students
Ministry of Labour & Empowerment
- Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDN workers – Post-Matric
- Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDN workers – Pre Matric
- Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh
Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of SC students
Department of School Education & Literacy
- National Scheme of Incentive to Girls Secondary Education (NSIGSE)
- National Means Cum Merit Scholarship
Department of Higher Education
WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for wards of states/UTs police personnel
RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF
List of UGC Schemes
University Grants Commission (UGC) provides some scholarships to Postgraduate students using National Scholarship Portal. The list of Scholarship schemes provided by UGC -MHRD are:
- Ishan Uday – Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region
- PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (1st and 2nd rank holders)
- PG Scholarship scheme for SC, ST students for pursuing professional courses
List of State Government Schemes
Eligible students can also apply for their State Government Scholarship schemes directly using NSP. Here are States and scholarships listed on National Scholarship Portal.
- PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO THE CHILDREN OF THOSE ENGAGED IN OCCUPATIONS INVOLVING CLEANING AND PRONE TO HEALTH HAZARDS
- PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC STUDENTS (CLASS IX AND X)
- PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO SC, ST, OBC STUDENTS
- POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC, ST, OBC STUDENTS
- POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC & OBC STUDENTS
- POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR TRANSGENDER STUDENTS
- DR.AMBEDKAR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASS STUDENTS
- PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SC STUDENTS OF CLASS IX AND X
- BC-EBC POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP
- SC ST-POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC,ST, OBC (State Sector)
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC,ST (Central Sector)
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC, ST, OBC Students
- Pre-Matric Disability Scholarship
- Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students
- DR.AMBEDKAR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASSES (EBC)(SECONDARY EDUCATION)
- PRE-MATRIC SC, ST, OBC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES
- POST-MATRIC SC, ST, OBC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES
- NEC Merit Scholarship Tripura
- PRE MATRIC SC CLEANING AND HEALTH HAZARD
- MUKYAMANTRI YUBA YOGAYOG YOJANA
- POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP(PMS) FOR ST STUDENTS
- CENTRALLY SPONSORED SCHEME OF PRE-MATRIC(IX & X) SCHOLARSHIP FOR SCHEDULED TRIBE STUDENTS
- UMBRELLA SCHEME FOR EDUCATION OF ST CHILDREN – PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP (CLASS IX & X) FOR ST STUDENTS
- UMBRELLA SCHEME FOR EDUCATION OF ST CHILDREN – POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP (PMS) FOR ST STUDENTS
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students Pre Matric Scholarship (Class IX & X) for ST Students
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students Post-Matric Scholarship (Class IX & X) for ST Students
- Scheme for Award of Stipend to the schedule tribe students
- POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO ST STUDENTS
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO SC, ST, OBC STUDENTS
- CENTRALLY SPONSORED POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SC, ST, OBC STUDENTS
- CENTRALLY SPONSORED PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SC, ST, OBC STUDENTS
- DR.AMBEDKAR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASS STUDENTS
- MUKHYA MANTRI PROTSAHAN YOJANA-HIMACHAL PRADESH
- MAHARISHI BALMIKI CHATRAVRITI YOJANA
- INTEGRATED RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM(IRDP)
- KALPANA CHAWLA CHATRAVRITI YOJANA
- INDIRA GANDHI UTKRISHT CHATRAVRITI YOJANA
- THAKUR SEN NEGI UTKRISHT CHATRAVRITI YOJANA
- SWAMI VIVEKANAND UTKRISHT CHARAVRITI YOJANA
- DR.AMBEDKAR MEDHAVI CHATRAVRITI YOJANA FOR SC ST STUDENTS
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST students (For Class IX and X)
- Post Matric Scholarship for ST students
List of AICTE Schemes
All India Council for Technical Education also provides scholarships using this NSP Portal. Students who are currently pursuing their course in a technical field can I apply for the scholarship as per their eligibility.
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Degree)
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Diploma)
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled students (Degree)
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled students (Diploma)
Read More, Sitaram Jindal Scholarship Scheme – Online Application
Check Scholarship Eligibility for National Scholarship Portal
In NSP there are approx 80 scholarship schemes available for Students. If you want to know, the list of scholarship(s) from which you are eligible. Then you can check your eligibility for the scholarship scheme.
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal NSP (scholarships.gov.in)
- Under the ‘Services‘ menu click on the ‘Scheme Eligibility‘ link.
- Provide some basic information about yourself (State, Course, Religion, Gender etc.)
- Click on the Check Eligibility button.
Read More, LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme for School & College students
National Scholarship Portal Registration & Scholarship Application
Indian School, College, University students can register himself/herself on NSP easily by providing all their academic information & personal information. Before applying any Scholarships using NSP, One-time Registration is mandatory.
Know the step by step Registration process on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022. But before starting the Online Registration collects this information at first.
- Active Mobile Number for OTP verification.
- Active email address to receive Scholarship details.
- Bank Account details (IFSC Code, Account Number, Bank Name, Aadhaar Number).
After collecting all this information, you are ready to start applying for NSP 2022.
- Visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP), scholarships.gov.in to register.
- Click on New Registration option.
- Read all the guidelines carefully before applying. Tick on the boxes and Continue.
- Fill the basic details like – State, Scholarship Category (Pre-matric, Post-matric), Name of the Student, Mobile Number, Email, Bank Account details, Aadhaar Number.
- Now click on the Register button to complete the process.
- You will receive a unique Student Application Id and Password to your mobile number and Email.
After successfully registering yourself on NSP 2022, you will get your Application Id and Password. Now it’s time to apply for scholarship schemes, for which you are eligible.
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal once again.
- Click on Login option and login with your Application Id and Password received on your registered mobile number.
- Change the default password.
- From the NSP dashboard, you can see the Eligible Scholarship Schemes. Just click on the Application Form option from the left side menu.
- Now fill the Application Form with your Registration Details, Academic Details and Basic Details.
- Select your current school/college/university from the list. Select the current course. Previous Board/University name, previous course, passing year and marks obtained.
- Under Scheme Details section, you can see the eligible schemes based on entered criteria.
- Select the Scholarship scheme and upload the scanned documents.
If the scholarship amount is less than Rs.50,000/-, no need to upload any documents. Just submit a copy of the documents to your School/College/Institution.
The following documents will require to upload/submit to your institution to complete the NSP Scholarship application.
- Front Page of Bank Passbook.
- Aadhar Card (if available)
- Domicile Certificate
- Marksheet of the last exam passed
- Income Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Caste Certificate (if available)
- EWS Certificate (if available)
Now click on the Final Submit button to complete the Scholarship application process using NSP.
Now take Print your Application using the available option & attach the following documents, Submit it to your institution (if require).
Read More, TIMES SPARK Read to Lead Scholarship for School Students
How to check National Scholarship Status?
Applicants can check their Scholarship Application status online. They can also know, whether their scholarship application process or not. When they will get the scholarship amount etc.
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal website & login with your Application Id and Password.
- Click on the Check Your Status option.
- On the screen, you can see your current Scholarship Application status.
Change or Update NSP Data
Students can update their information, if there is anything wrong or mistakes using the Update Registration Details and Update Account Details options. But after the Final Submission, application data cannot be changed.
List of Selected Candidates for National Scholarship
Check the complete list of selected candidates for Scholarship Scheme via NSP. Visit the National Scholarship Portal to get the scholarship sanctioned list. Now click on the Scheme wise Scholarship Sectioned List option on the website.
Select the Academic Year, Application Type (Fresh/Renewal), Scheme, State and District. The complete list of selected candidates will be displayed on the screen.
National Scholarships (NSP) Android Application
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India published a mobile Application of NSP. Students can download this mobile app on their android phone from Google Play Store and Apply for Fresh/Renewal Scholarship Scheme, Check Scholarship status.
This is an easy and handy way to apply for Central and State Scholarship schemes using mobile application.
Online Renewal Application Process
Registered students, who already received National Scholarship using NSP can apply for Scholarship Renewal. Follow the steps to apply for Scholarship Renewal through NSP:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal website.
- At the homepage click on the Login option and select your Rewal Year.
- Now log in using your Application Id and Password.
- Update your renewal Scholarship application details and submit it.
Search Institute/School/College/University registered on NSP
Search your School / College / University / Institution name on National Scholarship Portal. To search follow the steps:
- Go to the National Scholarship Portal website.
- Now click on the SEARCH FOR INSTITUTE option on the homepage.
- Select Institute State, District and Type.
- Get the list of all institutions under this criteria.
Read more, List of Scholarships available for Indian Students
Check Scholarship Payment Status
If you will be selected for the National Scholarship Scheme, you will get the scholarship amount directly to your bank account, as mentioned at the time of Registration. To check your Scholarship amount payment status you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Public Financial Management System – PFMS.
- Click on the Track NSP Payments option.
- Enter your Bank Name, Account Number or NSP Application Id.
- Click on Search. You will get your National Scholarship Portal Payment Status online.
Important Dates for National Scholarships 2022 NSP
Generally, the Online Scholarship Application 2022 will start after the publication of Board Exam Results and Universities Results. This year fresh applications for National Scholarship Portal (NSP) will start from June 2022 and continue upto December 2022.
Specific Scholarship opening and closing dates may vary from scheme to scheme. So visit NSP once to check the application closing date.
National Scholarship Helpdesk
Students and applicants can contact to National Scholarship Portal Helpdesk using the 0120-6619540 phone number or email at, [email protected] describing their queries. Must mention your Application Id with the Email.
You can also post your queries regarding National Scholarship Portal in the below comment box.
81 thoughts on “National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022 Online Registration, Schemes, Eligibility & Check Status”
স্যার আমি মাধ্যমিকে 79% নম্বর পেয়েছি। আমি কি এই স্কলারশিপ আবেদন করতে পারি ?
আমি genaral cast এর মধ্যে আছি ।
Hello Ankan, yes you can apply for other scholarship schemes from National Scholarship portal.
Is there any family income slab for it?
Hello Amiya, there are many scholarship schemes available on the National Scholarship portal (NSP) and every scholarship scheme has different eligibility criteria. So login to the NSP and check the eligibility.
Sir, I am a Madhyamik passed student. I have got 91 % marks. Can I apply for this scholarship?? How can I apply this?
Sir ami H. S er por nsp apply korechilam kintu documents mistake er jonno taka payni. Ami akhon 2 year e pori ami ki fresh application korte parbo??
Hello sir, I am Mahima Khatun from Howrah.I can got 86% marks in hs. I can apply for both swami Vivekananda scholarship and national scholarship?? Sir I am waiting for your help….
Sir can I apply for both swami Vivekananda scholarship and NSP scholarship? I am an OBC -A
Hello Irfan, yes you can apply for both the SVMCM and NSP scholarship schemes.
Hello sir I passed madhyamik 2021 with 89%.I want to apply scholarship please help me
Hello Saheli, yes, you can register yourself on the National Scholarship Portal and check the scholarship schemes you are eligible for.
Hello sir ami Gen caste ami ki svmcm and nsp scholarship dutai apply korte parbo
Hello Ipsita, yes you can apply for both the scholarship schemes.
Hello sir, I passed 2021,with 72℅ can I applied for post matric
Hello Sir / ma’am , I am Chandan Bouri, I am Ph.D scholar and also I’m person with Disability Student. Can I apply for both swami Vivekananda scholarship and nsp Scholarship ? Please answer ?
Hello Chandan, yes you can apply for both scholarship schemes.
Sir amar nsp scholarshipe Bonafide certificate upload kora hoyni tai college thke defected kora hoyeche.ki korte hobe please bolun na.
Sir , With due respect I beg state that I would like to inform you that I am student of Tufanganj Mahavidyalaya this year . But I am a one year old student . I passed H.S on 2019 but I have not been done it .
Every documents collected but I did not submit for my a big problem . So, can I apply? Thank you
Sir I have passed out hs exam in the year of 2020 from the state of West Bengal and now I am going to Bangalore for bsc nursing can I apply for the scholarship nsp
Sir bank branch name show nhi h ho rha hai drop down menu ky kru?
I’m Laimwn Goyary
I’ve got 89 percentage on 9th
Sir can i apply this scholarship?
Hello sir my name is tista mishra.. I am passed hs in 85%marks and apply the national scholarship portal… Can i gave this scholarship??
Hello sir I am Achinta Malik.
I have applied for this scholarship.My registration is completed. I have got print out also. But recently I have taken admisson in an another college.Now can I apply for this scholarship again using same data?
Reply me sir /madam.
Hello ACHINTA, contact to the NSP Helpline number and request to unlock your application form. After that, you can edit your application form and change the name of your current institution.
Hello sir, I am madhyamik passed student with 86% Now my running class is xi
I also apply WB SVMCM Scholarship.
Can I apply for NSP Scholarship? And what is the last date for application of NSP Scholarship 2020?
Hello Dipu, yes you can apply for scholarships using NSP Portal. The last date of scholarships are different for the scholarships on National Scholarship Portal.
Thank you sir
I am Misti Mondal, I pass madhyamik examination 2020 with 83.22%(similar) Sir can apply to this scholarship ??
Hello Misti, yes you can register on the National Scholarship portal.
I passed the secondary examination (Madhyamik) from WBBSE securing 85.57 %. I had registered in this portal. But, no scheme are shown after putting all the required data. What to do?
Hello Sovan, the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) refers you scholarships as per your Academic Scores, Annual family income, your state and few other factors. If there are no scholarships showing on the dashboard, that means you may not eligible for the scholarship schemes. You may contact with the helpline phone number for more details.
I am student of West Bengal.I have passed Madhyamik Examination in 2020 with 94.29%. Now in class 11 I have already admitted to a govt school named “Memari V.M. Institution Unit 1 (H.S).
Can I apply for NSP Scholarship?
Hello Roni, yes you can register on National Scholarship portal and apply the scholarship, for which you are eligible.
Sir can in apply at the same time nsp and swami vivakannada scholarship
Yes you can apply.
Sir I am Supriya I have passed HSC 86% can I register swami vivekananda and Central Government scholarship I am Hindu and I am bilong in sc cast so can I apply for this both scholarship plz sir give ans.
Hello Sharma, yes you can apply for these scholarships schemes.
Sir i am kuldeep. Sir i am 10 passed CBSE in 96.04%. kya mai NSP scholarship ka form bher sakta hu…. please help sir
Hello Kuldeep, yes you can register on the NSP Portal.
I ,Souvik Pal ,have received 98% marks in WB HS 2020.
Can anyone apply for several Scholarships under several schemes in NSP?
Hello Souvik, you can apply only for one scholarship scheme from National Scholarship Portal.
Sir, I’ve passed HS examination & scored 94% marks.
Now can I get Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means & National both scholarships ?
I am madhyamik successfull student.l have got 73% number.l want to apply in this scholarship,please you register my all details and gave a suitable answer
Please read the above post carefully, you will get all the details information about National Scholarship Portal.
Sir I am Hindu communities can I apply the shcolarship in class XII?
Hello Moulipa, register on the National Scholarship Portal, with your academic details. If there is any Scholarship available on the basis of your provided details, it will showing on the dashboard.
what is the lowest persentage to apply schoolership for class xi final examination?
hello sir can I apply it on class XII with 75.8%marks?
Hello Moulipa, register on NSP and then fill all the details, then you can view the name of the scholarship, for which you are eligible.
can I apply the oassis & nsp scholarship together??and plz tell me the amount of this schemes..
Hello Moulipa, yes you can apply for both the scholarship scheme.
Hello, I am Shramana, a Madhyamik passed student. I got 93% marks. I have tried to register on NSP. But I can’t generate the Student Registration Form. So, How can I register?
Can you explain, what type of problem are you facing, when trying to register yourself on the NSP?
After registration, when I was going to fill up the application form, at the end of that form there showed that there was no scheme available as per my data. Please tell me what I should do now?
Yes, smae problem also here, please give answer sir.
Sir I didn’t get any scheme to apply this scholarship but I am also eligible to apply this scholarship.
Hello Sir I am Diyasree Kanrar from West Bengal at Howrah.I have got 92% marks in recently passed madhyamik exam 2020. Am I eligible for National scholarship portal?
Hello Diyasree, yes you can register yourself on National Scholarship portal.
Hello sir/madam, I am Jayanta Maur from West Bengal. I got 93% marks in madhyamik examination. Can I apply for both Swami Vivekananda scholarship and National scholarship?? I am waiting for your help….
Yes, you can apply for Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means scholarship and also register on National Scholarship Portal.
I get 95% marks in madhyamik. Can I apply this scholarship? Do I give examination to get scholarship?
Hello Jagannath, you can register on National Scholarship Portal and get the list of Central Government scholarships, for which you are eligible.
ata ki hindu muslim sobai korte parbe..?
Yes, this is for all communities students.
The name of my school is not available in the list of institutions in Uttar Dinajpur district.My school name is Kaliyaganj Parbati Sundari High school.So I can’t form fill up this NSP scholership.please help me.
Hello Pabitra, contact with your school and inform them that the school name is not available on the NSP list. They will definitely add the school on the list.
What is the scholarship amount for madhyamik students of national scholarship?
Sir, ami madhyamik e 87% peyechi. Ami aikyashree SVMCM apply korechi. Ami NSP apply korte parbo ????
Yes you can apply.
Sir l have passed madhyamik(10th) from wB board recently in 2020 with 86% mark.can l apply for nsp scholarship and Do I have to take an offline exam to get this scholarship?ease tell me kindly
sir i am from west Bengal . studied in radiology at Brainware University 3rd semester. can i apply for NSP ?
Hello Shirin, register on National Scholarship Portal, if any Scholarships is available for you, then you can get it on the dashboard.
Sir, I have got 85% marks in H.S. exam .
Now , Sir can I apply this Scholarship ???
Sir, I am hs passed student .I have got 76% number. So sir i aplly this scholarship. And nabanna scholarship and swami vivakanada scholarship is this one or two scholarship
Hello Samir, you can apply only for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship scheme.
When the registration will start on NSP?
Fresh application for this year already started. You can register on the National Scholarship Portal Now.
Sir, I’m Madhyamik passed student.
I have got 77% marks in madhyamik exam.
So, sir can I apply this scholarship??
Sir please give me answer
Hello Gargi, yes, you can register yourself on National Scholarship Portal for various Government Scholarships by Central Government.