National Scholarship Portal NSP 2021: Government of India started National Scholarship Portal (NSP) to digitalize the Scholarship Application process offered by the Central Government, State Governments and different government agencies like University Grants Commission (UGC), AICTE etc. Indian School, College & University Students can register at NSP (National Scholarship Portal) and get the list of government Scholarships, from which he/she is eligible to apply. The complete process is online.
There are total 80 scholarships listed on NSP and it is worth approx hundreds of crores. As per some official information, approx 100 lakh applicants receive scholarships through this National Scholarship Portal from central government, state government or from UGC.
Now students can apply for Pre Matric, Post Matric Scholarship, Minority Scholarship, Tribal Scholarship, Merit cum Means Scholarship etc directly from NSP. The complete process is online. No need to send any documents through the post. Just scan the documents and upload.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Information Chart
National Scholarship Portal NSP is a one-stop solution for the students. Here students can register only once and he/she can apply from scholarships, renew scholarships. All the information at one place. Here some important key points of NSP.
|Name||National Scholarship Portal (NSP)|
|Organised By||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India|
|No. of Scholarship Schemes||80+|
|Eligible Courses||Class 1 to PhD|
|Scholarships Provide by||Central & State Govt., UGC, AICTE|
|Application Start||August 2021|
Benefits & Objectives of NSP
The Mission Mode Project (MMP) of National Scholarship Portal (NSP) under the National e-governance plan aims at providing a common electronic portal for implementing various scholarship schemes. The benefits of NSP are described below.
- All scholarships information are available on one website only.
- There is only one integrated application for all the scholarships.
- Students will get scholarship suggestion on the dashboard according to their eligibility.
- The transparency will increase.
- Institutions will easily verify students’ data from this portal.
- Students can check their scholarship application status.
- Scholarship data will process very fast and students will get the scholarship amount within a few months.
- No need to submit any hard copies of documents to anywhere. The complete process is Online.
- Scholarship amount will directly be sent to the student’s bank account.
- Students can easily renew their scholarship application.
National Scholarship Portal 2021 Available Schemes
Students from Class 1 to PhD course can apply for scholarship schemes using NSP. Currently, there are four types of schemes are listed on the National Scholarship Portal:
- Central Government Schemes
- UGC Schemes
- State Government Schemes
- AICTE Schemes
The list of available scholarships under these schemes are described here.
List of Central Schemes
Here is the list of Scholarship schemes providing by the Central Government through its various departments. Students can apply for these scholarships from National Scholarship Portal NSP 2021. Department wise scholarships are listed out.
Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
- Merit cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS
Department of Empowerment or Person with Disabilities
- Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC students
Ministry of Labour & Empowerment
- Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDN workers – Post-Matric
- Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDN workers – Pre Matric
- Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh
Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of SC students
Department of School Education & Literacy
- National Scheme of Incentive to Girls Secondary Education (NSIGSE)
- National Means Cum Merit Scholarship
Department of Higher Education
WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for wards of states/UTs police personnel
RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF
List of UGC Schemes
University Grants Commission (UGC) provides some scholarships to the Postgraduate students using National Scholarship Portal. The list of Scholarship schemes provided by UGC -MHRD are:
- Ishan Uday – Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region
- PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (1st and 2nd rank holders)
- PG Scholarship scheme for SC, ST students for pursuing professional courses
List of State Government Schemes
Eligible students can also apply for their State Government Scholarship schemes directly using NSP. Here are States and scholarships listed on National Scholarship Portal.
- PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO THE CHILDREN OF THOSE ENGAGED IN OCCUPATIONS INVOLVING CLEANING AND PRONE TO HEALTH HAZARDS
- PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC STUDENTS (CLASS IX AND X)
- PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO SC, ST, OBC STUDENTS
- POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC, ST, OBC STUDENTS
- POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC & OBC STUDENTS
- POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR TRANSGENDER STUDENTS
- DR.AMBEDKAR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASS STUDENTS
- PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SC STUDENTS OF CLASS IX AND X
- BC-EBC POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP
- SC ST-POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC,ST, OBC (State Sector)
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC,ST (Central Sector)
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC, ST, OBC Students
- Pre-Matric Disability Scholarship
- Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students
- DR.AMBEDKAR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASSES (EBC)(SECONDARY EDUCATION)
- PRE-MATRIC SC, ST, OBC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES
- POST-MATRIC SC, ST, OBC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES
- NEC Merit Scholarship Tripura
- PRE MATRIC SC CLEANING AND HEALTH HAZARD
- MUKYAMANTRI YUBA YOGAYOG YOJANA
- POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP(PMS) FOR ST STUDENTS
- CENTRALLY SPONSORED SCHEME OF PRE-MATRIC(IX & X) SCHOLARSHIP FOR SCHEDULED TRIBE STUDENTS
- UMBRELLA SCHEME FOR EDUCATION OF ST CHILDREN – PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP (CLASS IX & X) FOR ST STUDENTS
- UMBRELLA SCHEME FOR EDUCATION OF ST CHILDREN – POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP (PMS) FOR ST STUDENTS
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students- Pre Matric Scholarship (Class IX & X) for ST Students
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students- Post Matric Scholarship (Class IX & X) for ST Students
- Scheme for Award of Stipend to the schedule tribe students
- POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO ST STUDENTS
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO SC, ST, OBC STUDENTS
- CENTRALLY SPONSORED POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SC, ST, OBC STUDENTS
- CENTRALLY SPONSORED PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SC, ST, OBC STUDENTS
- DR.AMBEDKAR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASS STUDENTS
- MUKHYA MANTRI PROTSAHAN YOJANA-HIMACHAL PRADESH
- MAHARISHI BALMIKI CHATRAVRITI YOJANA
- INTEGRATED RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM(IRDP)
- KALPANA CHAWLA CHATRAVRITI YOJANA
- INDIRA GANDHI UTKRISHT CHATRAVRITI YOJANA
- THAKUR SEN NEGI UTKRISHT CHATRAVRITI YOJANA
- SWAMI VIVEKANAND UTKRISHT CHARAVRITI YOJANA
- DR.AMBEDKAR MEDHAVI CHATRAVRITI YOJANA FOR SC ST STUDENTS
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST students (For Class IX and X)
- Post Matric Scholarship for ST students
List of AICTE Schemes
All India Council for Technical Education also providing scholarships using this NSP Portal. Students who are currently pursuing their course in a technical field can I apply for the scholarship as per their eligibility.
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Degree)
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Diploma)
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled students (Degree)
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled students (Diploma)
Check Scholarship Eligibility for National Scholarship Portal
In NSP there are approx 80 scholarship schemes available for Students. If you want to know, the list of scholarship(s) from which you are eligible. Then you can check your eligibility for the scholarship scheme.
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal NSP (scholarships.gov.in)
- Under the ‘Services‘ menu click on ‘Scheme Eligibility‘ link.
- Provide some basic information about yourself (State, Course, Religion, Gender etc.)
- Click on Check Eligibility button.
National Scholarship Portal Registration & Scholarship Application
Indian School, College, University students can register himself/herself on NSP easily by providing all the academic information & personal information. Before applying any Scholarships using NSP, One-time Registration is mandatory.
Know the step by step Registration process on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2021. But before starting the Online Registration collects this information at first.
- Active Mobile Number for OTP verification.
- Active email address to receive Scholarships details.
- Bank Account details (IFSC Code, Account Number, Bank Name, Aadhaar Number).
After collecting all this information, you are ready to start to Apply for NSP 2021.
- Visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal (NSP), scholarships.gov.in to register.
- Click on New Registration option.
- Read all the guidelines carefully before applying. Tick on the boxes and Continue.
- Fill the basic details like – State, Scholarship Category (Pre-matric, Post-matric), Name of the Student, Mobile Number, Email, Bank Account details, Aadhaar Number.
- Now click on the Register button to complete the process.
- You will receive a unique Student Application Id and Password to your mobile number and Email.
After successfully registered yourself on NSP 2021, you will get your Application Id and Password. Now it’s time to apply for scholarship schemes, for which you are eligible.
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal once again.
- Click on Login option and login with your Application Id and Password received on your registered mobile number.
- Change the default password.
- From the NSP dashboard, you can see the Eligible Scholarship Schemes. Just click on the Application Form option from the left side menu.
- Now fill the Application Form with your Registration Details, Academic Details and Basic Details.
- Select your current school/college/university from the list. Select the current course. Previous Board/University name, previous course, passing year and marks obtained.
- Under Scheme Details section, you can see the eligible schemes based on entered criteria.
- Select the Scholarship scheme and upload the scanned documents.
If the scholarship amount less than Rs.50,000/-, no need to upload any documents. Just submit a copy of documents in your School/College/Institution.
The following documents will require to upload/submit to your institution to complete the NSP Scholarship application.
- Front Page of Bank Passbook.
- Aadhar Card (if available)
- Domicile Certificate
- Marksheet of the last exam passed
- Income Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Caste Certificate (if available)
- EWS Certificate (if available)
Now click on the Final Submit button to complete the Scholarship application process using NSP.
Now take Print your Application using the available option & attach the following documents, Submit it to your institution (if require).
How to check National Scholarship Status?
Applicants can check their Scholarship Application status online. They can also know, their scholarship application process or not. When they will get the scholarship amount etc.
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal website & login with your Application Id and Password.
- Click on the Check Your Status option.
- On the screen, you can see your current Scholarship Application status.
Change or Update NSP Data
Students can update their information, if there is anything wrong or mistakes using Update Registration Details and Update Account Details options. But after the Final Submission, application data cannot be changed.
List of Selected Candidates for National Scholarship
Check the complete list of selected candidates for Scholarship Scheme via NSP. Visit the National Scholarship Portal to get the scholarship sanctioned list. Now click on the Scheme wise Scholarship Sectioned List option on the website.
Select the Academic Year, Application Type (Fresh/Renewal), Scheme, State and District. The complete list of selected candidates will be displayed on the screen.
National Scholarships (NSP) Android Application
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India published a mobile Application of NSP. Students can download this mobile app on their android phone from Google Play Store and Apply for Fresh/Renewal Scholarship Scheme, Check Scholarship status.
This is an easy and handy way to apply for Central and State Scholarship schemes using mobile application.
Online Renewal Application Process
Registered students, who already received National Scholarship using NSP can apply for Scholarship Renewal. Follow the steps to apply Scholarship Renewal through NSP:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal website.
- At the homepage click on the Login option and select your Rewal Year.
- Now log in using your Application Id and Password.
- Update your renewal Scholarship application details and submit it.
Search Institute/School/College/University registered on NSP
Search your School / College / University / Institution name on National Scholarship Portal. To search follow the steps:
- Go to National Scholarship Portal website.
- Now click on the SEARCH FOR INSTITUTE option on the homepage.
- Select Institute State, District and Type.
- Get the list of all Institution under this criteria.
Check Scholarship Payment Status
If you will be selected for the National Scholarship Scheme, you will get the scholarship amount directly to your bank account, mentioned at the time of Registration. To check your Scholarship amount payment status you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Public Financial Management System – PFMS.
- Click on the Track NSP Payments option.
- Enter your Bank Name, Account Number or NSP Application Id.
- Click on Search. You will get your National Scholarship Portal Payment Status online.
Important Dates for National Scholarships 2021 NSP
Generally, the Online Scholarship Application 2021 will start after the publication for Board Exam Results, Universities Results. This year fresh application of National Scholarship Portal (NSP) will start from August 2021 and continue upto December 2021.
Specific Scholarship opening and closing dates may vary schemes to schemes. So visit NSP once to check the application closing date.
National Scholarship Helpdesk
Students and applicants can contact to National Scholarship Portal Helpdesk using 0120-6619540 phone number or email at, firstname.lastname@example.org describing their queries. Must mention your Application Id with the Email.
You can also post your queries regarding National Scholarship Portal in the below comment box.