EWS Certificate West Bengal. The government of West Bengal started distributing of Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) Certificates to the general category students and job seekers. EWS Certificate holding candidates will get 10% reservation on any Government Service and Admission in the Educational Institutions in West Bengal.
Candidates who are Economically Poor can apply for EWS Certificate West Bengal to get a valid certificate. Only Unreserved (UR) category candidates can apply for this EWS Certificate West Bengal.
All the details information about West Bengal EWS Certificate Application Process, who can apply for EWS certificate, type of documents will be required at the time of application and other information also.
The Application Form for EWS certificate West Bengal is given below, read the complete article and understand application process then download the application form and apply for your EWS Certificate in WB.
EWS Certificate West Bengal
|Certificate for||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)|
|Category||UR Category Candidates|
|Total Time Takes||2 to 3 weeks|
|Annual Family Income||Less than Rs. 8 Lakh|
|Certificate Validity||One Financial Year (till 31st March)|
West Bengal EWS Certificate Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have to fulfil the following eligibility guidelines to apply for the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) certificate West Bengal.
EWS Certificate holder will get 10% reservation benefit on any Government Jobs and admission on any Institution in West Bengal.
1. Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SC, ST and OBC can apply for EWS Certificate.
2. The gross annual family income should be below ₹ 8.00 lakh from all the sources like salary, agriculture, business, profession etc for the financial year prior to the year of application.
3. Persons whose families do not own or process any of the following assets –
- 5 acres of agriculture land and above.
- Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft and above.
- Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities.
- Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
The property held by a family in different locations would be clubbed together for determining EWS status.
4. The term ‘family’ for this purpose we include the persons who seek the benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse band children below the age of 18 years.
Income and Asset Certificate Issuing Authority
The Candidates who want to apply for EWS Certificate West Bengal must have to collect an Income and Asset Certificate issued by any of the following authorities in the prescribed format as given in Annexure-C.
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate.
- Sub-Divisional Officer.
- DWO, Kolkata for KMC Area.
EWS Certificate Application Process West Bengal
The application process for the EWS Certificate West Bengal is Offline. Candidates have to apply by downloading the Application Form (Annexure-A). Follow the below steps to Apply EWS Certificate.
At first Download the EWS Application Form (link is given below) and fill it carefully with all the Personal details, Income and Asset Details.
Now attach the following documents with your Application Form. All the documents must be self-attested.
- EPIC or Citizenship Certificate of self or parents.
- PAN Card of Self or Parents.
- Birth Certificate issued by component authority / Admit Card of Madhyamik or equivalent examination.
- Pay Slip of Self or Parents (for salaried persons).
- Income Certificate for prescribed Authorities.
- Residential Certificate.
- RoR / Parcha / Registered Deed.
- Certificate in support of sub-caste from Gram Panchayat Pradhan or from Chairman of Municipalities, Councillor of Municipal Corporations.
- Self-declaration in regard to family income, assets and Sub-Caste in the prescribed format in Annexure-B.
After attaching all the documents, submit your EWS Certificate Application Form to any of the following authorities :
- Block Development Officer for Rural Areas.
- Sub-Divisional Officer for Municipalities.
- DWO, Kolkata for KMC areas.
This is the complete application process for EWS Certificate West Bengal.
Download the West Bengal EWS Certificate Application Form – Click Here to Download
Enquiry and Verification Process
After submitting the EWS Application Form, the authority shall ask the applicant to appear, on a suitable date within two weeks from the date of receipt of the application, hearing and submission of proofs for verification of family income and subcaste in the manner it is done for issuance of Caste Certificate, before the following authorities :
- Inspector BCW Panchayat and Municipal areas.
- DWO, Kolkata for KMC areas.
Verifications of immovable assets like agriculture land, residential flat / plot shall be done by the BL & LRO for Panchayat and Municipal areas. In KMC areas such verification shall be done by the BL & LRO / Chief Valuer / Surveyor.
Issuing EWS Certificate
After completing all the verification process, examine the reports and supporting documents if everything is found satisfactory about the eligibility of the applicant, then he/she will receive the EWS Certificate in the prescribed format in Annexure-C.
Validity of EWS Certificate
EWS Certificate issued by SDO/issuing authority will valid upto one Financial Year. This means every EWS certificate will valid upto 31st March of that Financial Year. Suppose, you got your EWS Certificate on May 2023, this Certificate will be valid upto 31st March 2024. After that, you have to apply for renewal for this certificate.
EWS Certificate Online Application
The online application process for the EWS Certificate in West Bengal till not started. In fact, you cannot download the issued certificate online from any government portal of West Bengal. The only option to get EWS Certificate in West Bengal is the offline application process.
FAQs about EWS Certificate
How to apply for EWS Certificate in West Bengal?
The application process of the EWS Certificate in WB is Offline. Apply with prescribed form by attaching all the documents to your SDO office.
Can SC/ST/OBC candidates apply for EWS Certificate?
No. Any reserved category candidates cannot apply for this certificate. EWS only for UR/General category candidates.
What is the reservation criteria for EWS Category?
As per West Bengal Government rule, EWS Category candidates will get 10% seats reservation on every Government Institutions, Jobs and other fields.
Can I download EWS Certificate Online in West Bengal?
No. You cannot download EWS Certificate Online. Issuing authority will issue the EWS Certificate after verifying all the documents.
How to check EWS Certificate Application Status Online?
EWS Certificate Application Status not available online to check.
How long will it take to get new EWS Certificate?
Generally, it will take 15 to 20 days to get EWS Certificate in West Bengal.
This is complete information and guidelines for West Bengal EWS Certificate Application. This article on social media to help others.