Know about the KVPY scholarship programme 2018 and all details about it. Get online application procedure, question papers and tips how to crack KVPY 2018 fellowship programme. KVPY fellowship available for Higher secondary, undergraduate and postgraduate students. Know about the eligibility criteria for KVPY 2018 fellowship program. The scholarship amount will be ₹5000 to ₹7000 per month basis on the stream.
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India provide fellowships for students, studying science stream. This fellowship programme is named as ‘Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY). Students from schools and colleges interested in pursuing basic science courses and career in research can apply for this fellowship programme.
Eligibility for KVPY 2018 Fellowship programme
The students of the following category are eligible for KVPY 2018 scholarship scheme.
• Eligibility for Stream SA: This category for the students who are currently studying in class XI standard in science stream. Candidates must have to obtain at least 80% marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in the 10th Board examination. This fellowship programme will be available only if the students join an undergraduate course in basic science in the academic year 2019-20 and they will have at least 60% marks aggregate in Science subjects in 10+2 board examination.
• Eligibility for stream SX: Students who are currently studying in class XII (10+2) standard and passed X board examination having 80% marks in science subjects are eligible for KVPY 2018 scholarship. Students must aspiring to join undergraduate programme in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math/Int.M.Sc./M.S.)p programme.
• Eligibility for stream SB : Students who are enrolled in the 1st year of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math/Int. M.Sc./M.S on this academic season can apply for KVPY 2018 fellowship scheme. Students must have to score at least 60% in 10+2 board examination and 1st year of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math/Int. M.Sc./M.S.
- Click here to Get a complete list of Post Matric Scholarships for Indian students with details info.
Application process for KVPY 2018 fellowship
Application for KVPY 2018 fellowship programme only done through online application portal. The application fees for General category students is ₹ 1000/- and for SC, ST and PH candidates the application fees are ₹ 500/-. The application fees paid only through Online Payment methods. For online payment extra 5.5% KVAT will be deducted from the application fees. The Online Application portal for KVPY 2018 examination is http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. After visiting this site students click on the ‘Application’ link and fill the form carefully and must mention your stream (i.e. SA/SX/SB). After registering upload the following certificates,
1. Cast certificate from the competent authority in prescribed format only for SC and ST category students.
2. Medical certificate in a prescribed format only for Physically and Visually challenged students.
3. Scanned copy of Marks sheet of the qualifying examination from any recognized Board or University.
4. Scanned copy of Photo and signature.
After uploading these files pay the Application Fees online, you will be successfully completed your application for KVPY 2018 fellowship programme. The online Application process will continue from 12th July 30th August 2018.
Examination process for fellowship
The examination will be held on Sunday, 1st November 2018. The computer-based online examination will be held in various cities and an offline pen-paper based Aptitude Test will be also held in various cities. For previous year question papers of and syllabus of KVPY examination visit the mention official website. For any problem, you may contact at the following address,
The Convener, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), India Institute of Science, Bangalore-560012.
Phone: 080-22932975/76, 23601008, 22933536.
Best of luck for KVPY fellowship programme. Keep touch with us for more update details about this examination. Visit the official website of KVPY fellowship. If you have any query please feel free to ask us, we will try to help you as possible.