Apply Online for West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme. Know the eligibility criteria and application process for WB Student Credit Card Education Loan with a low-interest rate. Get up to 10 lakhs through West Bengal Student Credit Card as education loan. List of required documents and eligible courses for this WB Student Credit Card Scheme.
The Government of West Bengal recently launched the Student Credit Card Scheme for School / College / University / Professional Institute / Coaching Institute students. Under this scheme, students will get a very low-interest education loan up to 10 lakhs from the bank for their higher studies.
Know all the detailed information about West Bengal Student Credit Card and its online application process. Know who can apply for this scheme and it’s maximum limit. List of required documents for WB Student Credit Card Application. Benefits of Student Credit Card and interest rates.
Eligible students can apply for WB Student Credit Card / Education Loan from wbscc.wb.gov.in website during any time of the course.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
Here are some basic information about this scheme for students.
|Scheme Name||West Bengal Student Credit Card|
|Scheme Type||Study Loan|
|Maximum Amount||Rs. 10 lakhs|
|Eligible Courses||HS, UG, PG, Diploma, Training, Coaching etc|
Objectives of WB Student Credit Card
Here are some main objectives of this student credit card scheme in West Bengal.
- The main aim of this scheme is to help the students financially for higher studies.
- Provide an education loan with a very low interest rate of only 4%.
- Get financial support / education loan without any mortgage at the bank.
- Help students to pay their institution fees like Engineering, Medical, LAW, IAS, WBCS etc coaching.
- Financial support for purchasing books / laptop / tablet / equipment etc.
- Students can apply for WBSCC anytime during the tenure of the course.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme Eligibility
The students who might be thinking of applying for the West Bengal Student Credit Card (WBSCC) scheme online, must check the eligibility criteria of this scheme before apply.
These eligibility guidelines are mentioned / published on the official website of WB Student Credit Card Scheme, wbscc.wb.gov.in.
- The student or his family is residing in the State of West Bengal at least for a period of 10 years.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for the loan under the scheme is class IX past form any recognised Boards.
- Student pursuing High School, Undergraduate, Postgraduate courses including professional degree, Diploma courses and research at doctoral/postdoctoral level or other similar courses.
- Students of School, Madrasha, College, University and other institutions like IIT, IIM, IISc, IIEST, Business School can also apply for this student credit card.
- Students who are studying in various coaching institutes appear for appearing different competitive examinations like Engineering / Medical / Law, IAS, IPS, WBCS, SSC etc.
- Students studying outside India are also eligible to apply for Student Credit Card Scheme.
- The maximum age limit is 40 years at the time of applying for the loan.
Students pursuing their courses in distance learning mode are not eligible to apply for the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme.
WB Student Credit Card Information
Here are some important information about the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme. Know the loan amount, interest rate, bank details and repayment process of this study loan.
- The maximum amount of loan eligible under the scheme is Rs. 10 lakhs.
- There shall be a 4% simple rate of interest per annum of the loan amount.
- The repayment period shall be 15 years for this WB Student Credit Card Scheme Study Loan.
- There will be no processing charges / penalty for prepayment.
- The loan shall be repaid in EMI modes.
- There will be a life cover/life insurance in the name of the student upto the loan amount sanctioned. The insurance premium will be debited from the loan amount.
- There is no need for obtaining any NOC from the institution.
- Students can apply for loan under Student Credit Card Scheme anytime during the course.
- There are no marks percentage criteria for applying WB Student Credit Card.
Required Documents to Apply for WB Student Credit Card
The complete application process of West Bengal Student Credit Card is online. Candidates have to upload the scanned copies of the following documents at the time of online application.
- Coloured Photograph of the Applicant
- Coloured Photograph of the co-borrower / legal guardian
- Signature of the Student
- Signature of the co-borrower / guardian
- Aadhaar Card
- Class 10 Board Registration Certificate
- Co-borrower’s / Guardian’s address proof (Voter ID/Aadhaar)
- Current Course Admission Receipt
- Course fee/tuition fee receipt
- Student’s PAN Card or Declaration on prescribed format
- Co-borrower’s / Guardian’s PAN or Declaration on prescribed format.
All the documents should be uploaded in pdf format and the maximum size of the file is 400kb and minimum 100kb.
Read More, Kanyashree K3 Scholarship Online Application
WB Student Credit Card Online Application
Eligible students can apply online for the WB Student Credit Card Scheme. Students have to provide their basic details, academic details, contact details, and upload scanned copies of required documents at the time of online application.
The step by step online application process for West Bengal Student Credit Card study loan is described below. So before applying, must read this process for more clarity.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme (wbscc.wb.gov.in) and then click on the ‘Student Registration‘ option. Now fill the Student Registration form by providing basic details, the present course of study, contact details.
Step 2: After completion of the Registration process a unique ID will be generated which will be sent to your mobile number. This unique ID will be used as a User ID for all future references.
Step 3: Now login to the WBSCC portal using your User ID and Password. On the Student Credit card Dashboard, you can check the require activities.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ option on the dashboard and fill the Application Form. Provide your Personal Details, Co-borrower details, Address, Course & Income Details, Bank details of the student and Co-borrower.
Step 5: Now upload the scanned copies of required documents on the application form. Then Submit the Application form for verification.
This is the complete online application process for West Bengal Student Credit Card. Sometimes, your HOI (Head of the Institution) may ask for hard copies of your WBSCC Application Form & other documents. So, contact once with your HOI regarding this.
West Bengal Student Card Application Status
Learn how to check the online application status of West Bengal Student Credit Card (WBSCC). Students can check their application status online using Application ID and Password. Know when you will get your Student Credit Card from the bank and how long it will take.
- Visit the official website of West Bengal Student Credit Card (wbscc.wb.gov.in).
- Login with your Application ID and Password.
- On the dashboard, you can check your Application Status.
Types of Application Status Message
Here are some types of messages and it’s meanings shown on the Student Credit Card Application dashboard.
- Application Submitted to HOI: This message will be shown after submitting the online application form. This status means, your application forwarded to your Institution Head for verification.
- Application returned by HOI to APPLICANT: If your current HOI will find something wrong/error on your application form, then he will return/reject your application. In that case, you have the option to edit your application form and submit.
- Application forwarded by HOI to HED: HOI approved the application form and then forward it to the Higher Education Department for further verification.
- Application forwarded by HED to BANK: HED approved the application form and then forward it to the Bank for issuing Student Credit Card.
Helpline Phone Numbers
Students can directly contact the support team of the WBSCC Scheme. If you have any queries or help regarding West Bengal Student Credit Card call 1800-102-8014 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your problem. Visit the official website of WB Student Credit Card, wbscc.wb.gov.in for more details. Students can also contact to their school, college, university, institution about this scheme.
West Bengal Student Credit Card FAQs
Here are some frequently asked question about this student credit card scheme / study loan scheme.
Who can apply for West Bengal Student Credit Card?
Students, who are residing in West Bengal at least for 10 years can apply for this credit card.
What is the maximum age limit for WB Student Credit Card?
The maximum age limit is 40 years.
Can Open University students apply for this scheme?
No. Students, who are pursuing their course in distance learning mode, cannot apply for WB Students credit Card.
What is the maximum time to repay the study loan?
The maximum time limit of WB Student credit card loan repayment is 15 years.
What is the minimum percentage require to apply for WB Student Credit Card?
There is no minimum percentage/marks required to apply for this scheme.
Can apply for this scheme, if I received scholarships from the government?
Yes, you can also apply for WB students credit card.