Learn How to file RTI Online in West Bengal. Complete Online Application process to apply for RTI to any Government Departments in West Bengal. West Bengal Information Commission (WBIC), list of SPIOs. Download the RTI application form and pay the fees in West Bengal. Know where to submit your RTI application form and how to apply online or offline for RTI against any West Bengal Government Departments. Right to Information Act 2005 for West Bengal Online Application.
As per the Right to Information Act, 2005 you can apply file an RTI application to exercise your right information. In West Bengal RTI rules have been made by the Governor in accordance to the provisions of sub-section (1) read with sub-section (2) of section 27 of RTI Act, 2005.
If you want to know some information from any Government Department / Public Authority you have to file an RTI application to the right person at a correct process.
Know the complete process of how to file RTI Online in West Bengal and the list of Offices, where you can submit your RTI application form. Although you can submit the RTI Application in West Bengal through Online mode by paying the application fees.
Select WB Government Department to file RTI Application
Before filling the RTI Application Online or Offline you have to select the proper Department under West Bengal Government to which you wish to file the RTI Application. You can file RTI to all WB Government Departments and local governing bodies.
Some important Departments are Municipal Corporation, WBSSC, WB Medical Council, WB Primary Education Board, State University, WB Land & Land Reforms, WB Higher Secondary Council, WB Secondary Board, Police Recruitment Board, Public Service Commission, Consumer Affairs, Backward Classes Welfare, Food and Supplies, Information Technology etc.
How to file RTI Application in West Bengal
Here you can learn about the complete application procedure of RTI filing in West Bengal. Before you file an RTI against any Government Department, you have to read the WB RTI Rules and follow it.
The step by step application process is described below.
- At first, specify the ‘INFORMATION’ what you want to know from the Government Department. You are not allowed to request any unnecessary information, opinion etc.
- Write or type your RTI Application letter on a white paper with proper information.
- Apply in writing in English or Bengali or in the official language of the area, to the PIO.
- You must have to mention clearly the Department’s name, where the data/information is reserved on the RTI Application letter.
- Now you have to pay the RTI Application fees of Rs. 10 by any one of these methods.
- Court fees Stamp
- Indian Postal Order
- Demand Draft
- Bankers Cheque
- Non Judicial Stamp Paper
No application fees will require for BPL Category applicants. Just attach a photocopy of your BPL certificate with the application letter.
- Now Submit the RTI Application letter to the State Public Information Officer (SPIO) of that specific Department.
What is the time limit to get the Information?
According to the WB RTI Act, you will get a response from SPIO within 30 to 45 days of submitting the RTI Application letter.
- 30 days from the date of application.
- 48 hours for information concerning the life and liberty of a person.
- 5 days shall be added to the above response time, in case the application for information is given to Assistant Public Information Officer.
- If the interests of a third party are involved then time limit will be 40 days (maximum period + time given to the party to make representation).
- Failure to provide information within the specified period is a deemed refusal
In case you didn’t get any response from First Appellate Authority or not satisfy with the response, then you can file a Second Appeal to the West Bengal Information Commission (WBIC).
How to file RTI Online in West Bengal
West Bengal Information Commission started Online Application process to Submit RTI Complaint / Appeal to WBIC. Follow the steps to file RTI Online in West Bengal.
- You have to visit the official website of the West Bengal Information Commission (WBIC).
- Fill the complete application form, describe clearly the information, which you want to know.
- Upload the supporting documents.
- Pay the application fees Online.
- Submit your RTI Complaint.
Read More, Apply for EWS Certificate in West Bengal
How to check RTI Complaint and Appeal Status
You can check your RTI Application or Appeal status Online from West Bengal Information Commission’s website. Just visit the official website and click on the ‘Check Your Complaint and Appeal Status‘ option to know the status.
How to write RTI Application letter?
If you want to file an RTI Complaint through Offline, then you have to submit an Application Letter to the specific SPIO. Write the application letter in English or Bengali language.
It is important to note that “Wh” questions are not accepted in RTI. Here is an example of this appeal, if you wish to on know your WBBPE Primary TET written exam marks, then you can frame the question as, “Please provide the information about my Primary TET written exam marks.” Never write like, “What is my WB Primary TET marks?” etc.
Application Procedure in Bengali
West Bengal Information Commission (WBIC) also published an information chart about the RTI Application process.
These are some important information and process of RTI Application in West Bengal. You are always welcome to post queries in the below comment box.