The government of India in association with The University Grants Commission (UGC) and The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) provides scholarships to the North Eastern Region students for Higher study. The name of this scholarship is Ishan Uday Special Scholarship. To help economically weak students on their higher studies government provides Ishan Uday Scholarship.
Students belonging to the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura are eligible for this scholarship. The main aim of this scholarship is to improve the GER (Gross Enrollment Ratio) and attract more students on professional education.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Details Information
|Scholarship Name||Ishan Uday Special Scholarship|
|Scholarship Authority||The University Grants Commission (UGC) & The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)|
|Eligible Courses||Undergraduate degree General Course, Technical or Professional Course (including Medical, Para-medical).|
|Region||North East India|
|Duration of Scholarship||Till the end of the course, renewal mandatory.|
|Percentage Required||Passed 12th Class with at least 50% marks.|
|Annual Family Income||Not more than Rs. 4.5 Lacs per annual|
|Application Process||Online through National Scholarship Portal|
|Documents Require||At the time of online application candidates have to upload following documents : |
|Number of Scholarships||10,000|
|Last date to Apply||31st August 2017|
|Amount of Scholarship|
|Contact Details||University Grants Commission, Bahadur Sah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110002|
Phone- 011- 23217493 / 23235640
Other Important Info about Ishan Uday Scholarship
- The Online Application must be done through National Scholarship Portal. Register on this scholarship portal and enter your all details info and then apply for Ishan Uday Special Scholarship.
- The last date of Online Application is 31st August 2017.
- Scholarship amount will be sent to the selected candidates’ bank account through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) via Aadhaar.
- Candidates have to apply for renewal each year to continue this scholarship.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of class 12th marks and family economic condition.
For any query post a comment on the below comment box. Share this scholarship info to help other students for their higher studies.