Science Olympiad Foundation (SFO) arranges National Science Olympiad (NSO) every year in keeping an eye to stimulate young students to aspire finer and fathomless perception of scientific facts and specifics. It intensifies logical thinking, research, difficulty clearing ability. School students from all over the world from class 1 to 12 may take part in this distinctive competition to test their grip on the subject, comprehension and skills.
Know the complete details information about the National Science Olympiad 2022 Exam Application Process, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria and other details also. Download National Science Olympiad (NSO) previous year’s question papers.
Students from class 1 to class 12th can apply for this NSO Exam. Learn more about the exam type and candidates’ selection process. Know the syllabus pattern for National Science Olympiad Exam 2022.
National Science Olympiad Application Process
Know the Online Application process for the National Science Olympiad 2022 exam and Eligibility criteria for the students. All the important information about NSO 2022 Application is given below.
1. Any student of class 1 to 12 studying anywhere in the world, is eligible to appear at Science Olympiad Foundation-organized National Science Olympiad.
2. At first, the schools have to be registered with the Science Olympiad Foundation. A student may appear at the National Science Olympiad if his/her school is registered with SOF. Individual registration is not permitted.
3. The schools which are not registered with Science Olympiad Foundation (SFO) may also let their students appearing at the NSO. Here the condition is, these schools have to send an e-mail or make a phone call to SOF requesting for the prospectus.
4. The registration forms are attached to the prospectuses and these prospectuses are sent to the respective schools.
5. The schools have to return the registration forms to SOF, aptly filled up with all related documents within the deadline.
NSO Exam Generating Roll Numbers
A teacher from every school participating in National Science Olympiad (NSO) should coordinate the process for the corresponding school. He/she will generate the Roll Numbers for the participating students according to SOF guidelines.
The relative schools will have to send a copy of those Roll Numbers together with Students’ Registration Sheets (SRS) and School Registration Form (SRF) to the Science Olympiad Foundation Office within the deadline.
Science Olympiad Foundation will register the entrant school and their participating students. The Foundation will transmit the question papers and guidelines for governing the exam.
The Principal/coordinating teacher may register the corresponding school as a centre of exam. Science Olympiad Foundation does not take any charge for this, but at least 10 exam candidates are needed from a school to be considered as a National Science Olympiad Centre.
The schools in India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan do have to pay 125 INR (including GST) (For other countries, it is US$ 10) to Science Olympiad Foundation for every Olympiad of their schools. Schools are allowed to charge(if the schools think) additional 25 INR (US$ 1 for other countries) per student as remuneration of the teachers who have prepared the students for National Science Olympiad.
Students who are physically challenged and Indian students of martyrized parents (put to death during defence activities) will don’t have to pay anything for appearing at National Science Olympiad (NSO).
Conduction of the examination
The National Science Olympiad is executed at two levels.
For Level 1, three dates are allowed. Each school is allowed to select a date of own choice for NSO. Set of questions varies on different dates. After selecting a date, changing of date is not allowed.
The exam is conducted during school hours.
|1 to 4||Logical Reasoning, Science, Achievers Section|
|5 to 10||Logical Reasoning, Science, Achievers Section|
|11 & 12||Physics & Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Achievers Section|
Level 1 is taken as an objective-type question test of 60 minutes consisting of 35 multiple choice questions (For Class 1 – 4) and 50 multiple choice questions (For Class 5 – 12).
Different question papers are set for different classes. The medium of exam is English. Generally, CBSE, ICSE, ISC and State Board Syllabuses are followed during setting the questions.
Selected Olympiads of Class 3 to 12, who appeared at the Level 1 test is allowed to appear at the Level 2 test.
Eligibility of appearing at Level 2 Test
Here is the list the eligibility to appear National Science Olympiad 2022 Level 2 Exam conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation (SFO).
1. Top 5% Level 1 succeeded Olympiads of each class may appear at the Level 2 test. Each section of the question papers has different weightage.
2. Top 25 rankers of Level 1 from every class from every zone.
3. A class topper of Level 1 may qualify for the Level 2 test if minimum 10 students appear from that class of that school at Level 1 and that topper must have scored at least 50% marks at Level 1. For section-wise registration, the topper will be considered irrespective of sections, but respective of classes. Section topper will win a gold medal, but wouldn’t qualify for Level 2, if he/she don’t be the class topper.
22nd National Science Olympiad Dates
Science Olympiad Foundation (SFO) published the exam dates for NSO Exam 2022. Know the Level 1 & 2 Test dates.
|Level 1||11th and 21st November 2022|
|Level 2||2nd/3rd Sunday of February 2023|
For any query regarding rules & regulations, question format, guidelines etc. You can also visit the official website of Science Olympiad Foundation (SFO) for the National Science Olympiad 2022 Exam. Contact Science Olympiad Foundation through a phone call/Fax – 0124 – 4951200
or email at [email protected]
1 thought on “National Science Olympiad 2022: Application, Exam Pattern & Eligibility”
please inform last date for applying 2019 class x exam