Public Service Commission West Bengal (WBPSC) will conduct West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Exam for the recruitment on various prestigious posts in West Bengal. Know the syllabus for WBCS Preliminary and Main Exams. WBCS Syllabus 2020 published by Public Service Commission West Bengal. Know all the important chapters and topics. Learn more about the marks distribution of WBCS 2020 Exam.
Every year WBPSC organize West Bengal Civil Service Exam (Executive). Candidates will be selected for WBCS posts in three steps – Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Personality Test. Know the latest WBCS Syllabus 2020 for Preli and Main Exam.
Download WBCS Syllabus 2020 and know all the important topics. Learn more about the WBCS Exam Pattern for Preliminary and Main Exam.
WBCS Exam and Question Pattern
Learn more about the West Bengal Civil Service (Exe) Examination Preliminary and Main Question Pattern and Marks distribution.
WBCS Preliminary Exam Pattern
1. WBCS Prelim question paper will contain 200 MCQ questions for 1 mark each. Total marks for the Preliminary Exam will be 200.
2. Total duration for WBCS Preliminary Exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
3. There will be negative marking for each wrong answer.
4. WBCS 2020 Prelim Exam will be held on 9th February 2020.
5. There will be a total Eight Subjects and each subject will contain 25 questions.
6. The question paper standard will be Graduation level.
|English Composition||25 Marks|
|General Science||25 Marks|
|Current events of National & International Importance||25 Marks|
|History of India||25 Marks|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25 Marks|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25 Marks|
|Indian National Movement||25 Marks|
|General Mental Ability||25 Marks|
WBCS Main Exam Pattern
1. WBCS Preliminary qualified candidates can seat only for WBCS Main Exam.
2. There are total Six Compulsory Papers and Two Optional Papers chose one (only for the candidates applying for Group A & B).
3. Each Paper will contain 200 Marks and total duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
4. Paper-I (Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali) and Paper-II (English) will be of conventional typewritten the examination. The remaining subjects will be of MCQ Type to be answered in OMR sheet.
|Subjects||Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
|Paper-I (Bengali / Hindi / Urdu / Nepali / Santali)||200||200||200||200|
|General Studies-I (History & Geography)||200||200||200||200|
|General Studies-II (Science, ENVS, GK & Current Affairs)||200||200||200||200|
|Indian Constitution & Economy||200||200||200||200|
|Optional Subject (select one only) each 200 marks||400||400||—||—|
WBCS Syllabus 2020 Latest Updates
Get the complete WBCS Syllabus 2020 for Preliminary and Main Exams. This WBCS Syllabus provided by Public Service Commission, West Bengal. Topics are given below for each subject and paper.
WBCS Preliminary Syllabus
The WBCS Prelim Question Paper will contain questions from the specific 8 subjects. Syllabus and Important topics are given below.
|English Composition||Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, Vocabulary test, Phrasal Verbs, the same words bearing more than one meaning, use of appropriate and qualifying words etc.|
|General Science||General appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.|
|Current events of National & International Importance||Current Affairs and General Knowledge about National and International facts.|
|History of India||Emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects.|
|Geography of India||Physical, Social and Economic Geography of the country, including the main features of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources with special reference to West Bengal.|
|Indian Polity and Economy||Indian Political System, Panchayati Raj, Community Development and Planning in India.|
|Indian National Movement||Nature and character of the Nineteenth Century Resurgence, Growth of Nationalism and Attainment of Independence.|
|General Mental Ability||Logical perception, understanding and natural conclusion.|
WBCS Main Exam Syllabus
Public Service Commission West Bengal, WBCS Main Exam Syllabus described below. Follow the Syllabus to prepare yourself for the WBCS Exam.
Paper-I and Paper-II Syllabus
2. Precis Writing
3. Drafting of Report
4. Letter Writing
5. Translation from English to First Language and First Language to English.
General Studies-I: History and Geography
1. Sources of Indian History.
2. Period of Harappan, Mahanjapadas. The Iron age of India and the Megalithic Culture.
3. Mauryn and Post-Marun Period, Guptas, Vakatakas and Vardhanas, Regional States.
4. Major Political Development, Society, Cultural and Economy during 13th to 15th Century and 16th to 18th Century.
6. The rise of British Power in India, British Colonial Rule, Growth of Nationalism, Gandhi Era, Constitutional Development
7. Industrialisation, World History from 1919 to 1945. The collapse of the Soviet Union.
8. Geomorphology, Climatology, Environment Geography, Economic, Population, Political Geography.
9. Geography of India.
10. Geography of West Bengal
General Studies-II: Science & Technology, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs
1. General Science and Technology.
2. Environment Pollution, Environment and it objects.
3. Global Warming.
4. Biodiversity and Coastal Regulation Zone.
5. Ozone Layer. Industrialisation.
6. General Knowledge and Current Affairs about National and International information.
Indian Constitution and Economy
1. Central State Relation and devolution of central funds to the state.
2. Planning Process and Objectives of Five years plan.
3. Functions of RBI and Monetary policy.
4. Central and State Finance Commission.
5. Fiscal Policy of Government of India.
Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning
1. Compete Syllabus of Secondary Level Mathematics textbooks.
2. Logical Deduction, Letter Series, Number Series.
3. The implication of Sentence, Mathematical puzzle.
4. Analogy Test, Odd man out.
List of Optional Subjects for WBCS Main Exam
Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit, English, Pali, Arabic, Persian, French, Urdu, Santali, Comparative Literature, Agricultural, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Mathematics, Management, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physiology, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology.
WBCS Syllabus 2020 Official Notification
View the official WBCS Syllabus notification published by Public Service Commission West Bengal.
For any query regarding this WBCS Syllabus post it in the below comment box. We will definitely try to help you at our best. Hope this WBCS information will help you. For more details info and updates you can visit pscwbapplication.in website. All the best for your Examination.