Are you recently complete your Graduation degree and taking preparation for WBCS Preliminary exam or IAS examination and searching for best books? Get a complete list of best books, which are really helpful for WBCS Preparation. Know how to crack WBCS Preliminary Exam without any Coaching. Some useful books for Civil Service examination. A complete study guide for West Bengal Civil Service Examination. Learn how to prepare and easily qualify for WBCS Preliminary exam.
For recruitment on various Administrative Services, West Bengal Government organized West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Examination every year. It’s may be treated one of the toughest examination in Bengal. After completing graduate degree any students can apply for this WBCS exam. The complete process of WBCS exam is divided into three parts, 1. WBCS Preliminary. 2. WBCS Main. and 3. Interview. From this year the Syllabus and Question Pattern of WBCS examination changed completely, Click here to know the WBCS 2019 exam new Question Pattern and New Syllabus. Here I listed some best books, which may help you in the preparation of WBCS Preliminary examination.
List of Best Books for WBCS Preliminary Examination
On the WBCS Preliminary exam, there are total Eight subjects and each subject carries 25 marks. So, the total marks for WBCS Preliminary examination is 200. The eight subjects are 1. English Composition, 2. General Science, 3. Current Events, 4. Indian History, 5. Indian Geography, 6. Indian Economics and Politics, 7. Indian National Fights, 8. Mental ability Test. Bellow, I mentioned the best books on each subject to crack WBCS Preliminary Exam easily without any Coaching.
1. English Composition
• Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad and Uma Rani Sinha: This book is published by Mc Graw Hill Education publishers. It is best for any competitive examination like IAS, WBCS, IBPS, NDA etc.
• English Grammar books by P.K. De or by P.C. Das. These books are good to learn the basic knowledge of English grammar.
• Synonyms & Antonyms for all Competitive Exam by Roshan Tolani: This book is published by Arihant Publishers. It helps students with many entrance examination.
2. General Science
• General Science for Civil Service Preliminary Examination by Tara Chand, Shabnam Johry, Tanushri Saxena and Renu Kathpalia: It is one of the best books for General Science by Mc Graw Hill Education publishers.
• To increase your General Science knowledge you may read any science magazine published by mtg publishers. This magazine may help you with the General Science issue.
3. Current Events
• General Knowledge by Monohar Panday: This book is published by Arihant Publishers. With the recent edition of this book, you can get all the details of current affairs.
• Current events, you can follow the newspaper every day. You can also buy the weekly magazine like Kharmokhetra, Jibika Dishari, KarmoSagasthan etc. This manages contains many current events all over the world.
4. Indian History
• Bharater Itihas by Atul Chandra Roy: This is a Bengali history book. You can follow this as a reference for the preparation of WBCS Preliminary exam. You can also use the history book by Tulshi Prakashani which is also a good book.
• History of India and Indian National Movement by J.K. Chopra: This book is published by Unique Publishers. Every portion of this book is mentioned clearly and easily. It is one of the best history books for Competitive examination.
• You can also choose some best History books by D.N Jha, Satish Chandra, Sumit Sarkar etc. All these books are good for West Bengal Civil Service Examination.
• You must follow the NCERT History textbooks from class 6th to 12th standard.
5. Indian Geography
• Geography of India by Majid Husain: This book is published by Mc Graw Hill Education publishers. It is one of the best books for preparation of WBCS Preliminary exam.
• Read carefully the NCERT textbooks of standard 6th to standard 12th. Maximum questions of WBCS exam will come from this books.
6. Indian Economics and Politics
• Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh: Mc Graw Hill Education publishers published this book. It is one of the best preparation books for WBCS Preliminary examination.
• Indian Polity by M. Laxikanth: If you want to know about the Indian politics, then it is the best book you may buy.
• Political Theory by O.P Gauba: For WBCS preparation it is a good book for knowledge about Indian politics and its nature.
• One of the best book for learning about the political and economic nature of India you may follow, Indian Administration by S.R.Maheswari.
7. Indian National Fights
• The Wonder That was India by A.L Basham: For various competitive examination like WBCS, IBPS, IAS etc this book may help you to know about the Indian history.
8. Mental Ability Test (MAT)
• Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning by R.S Agarwal: This book is published by Arihant Publishers. From this book, you can learn all types of mental ability tests. There is many practice sets are available in this book.
• MagBook General Mental Ability by Arihant Publishers: This book is also a good option for WBCS preparation.
Here I enlisted all the name of good books, which can help you in the preparation of WBCS Preliminary exam. You may also follow these magazines Pratiyogita Darpan, Safallo, WBCS Challenger by Chaya Prakashani, which are best for various type questions and current affairs. If you have any query or questions please free to ask us. We are always happy to help you.