ONGC provide scholarships for Indian students for their higher studies. Students belonging to the SC and ST category are eligible for this scholarship. Total 500 scholarships are provided for studying technical or professional course. Students of Engineering, Medical, MBA, Geology and Geophysics can apply for ONGC Scholarship 2014 programme. 50% scholarships are reserved for girls students. The scholarship amount is Rs. 48,000/- per year for each student. In India, the ONGC scholarship will be provided in five zones, which are, North, West, North-East, East, South. Total number of scholarship for each zone is 100. Students from the following states can only apply for this scholarship on East zone, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh.
• COURSES & SCHOLARSHIP DURATION :
1. Engineering : Total number of Scholarship for this trade is 247. And scholarship duration is 4 years. 10+2 passed students can apply.
2. MBBS : Total number of scholarship is 45. Scholarship duration 4 years. Students passed 10+2 exam, can apply.
3. MBA : Total number of scholarship is 73 and this scholarship duration is 2 years. Graduation passed students can apply.
4. Masters in Geology & Geophysics : On this trade total number of scholarship 73. Scholarship duration is 2 years. Graduation passed students can apply.
• ELIGIBILITY :
Students of the 1st year on each course as a regular candidate can only apply for ONGC Scholarship. For first two courses students must be passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) examination and for next two courses students must be passed Graduation degree with 60% marks for applying this scholarship. Candidates, age must be between 30 years within 1st October 2014. This is the basic criteria for apply ONGC Scholarship programme.
• APPLICATION PROCESS :
For apply ONGC Scholarship scheme 2014, candidates download the Application Form from their website, http://www.ongcindia.com and fill it up. Paste recent colour passport size photograph on the application form and attested it by the Principal or Head of the Institution. After fill-up, the application form correctly attached the credentials and send it through speed post to the following address, SC/ST Cell, OIL AND NATURAL GAS CORPORATION LIMITED, GREEN HILLS TEL BHAVAN, DEHRADUN- 248003.
Last date for applying this scholarship is 30th September, 2014.