Apply Online ONGC Scholarship 2023 for the first year Engineering, MBBS, MBA etc course students. Know the complete online application process of ONGC Scholarship 2023. Learn about the Eligibility Criteria, Scholarship Selection Process, & Documents of ONGC Scholarship.
ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation) Foundation provide Scholarship scheme to the Economically weaker General Category, OBC & meritorious SC/ST students. Students pursuing the 1st-year course of Engineering, MBBS, MBA or Master in Geophysics / Geology programme can apply for ONGC Foundation Scholarship 2023 online.
This scholarship scheme’s main aim is to help the meritorious but financially weak students continue their higher education. ONGC Foundation will distribute approx 2000 Scholarships to the students. The scholarship amount will be Rs. 48,000 per year.
ONGC Scholarship 2023 Info Chart
|Scholarship Name||ONGC Scholarship|
|Scholarship By||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Foundation|
|Total No of Scholarships||2000|
|Application Last Date||June 2023|
|Scholarship amount||INR 48000 per annum|
|Eligible Courses||Engineering, MBBS, MBA, Masters in Geology/Geophysics|
ONGC Foundation Scholarship Categories
ONGC Foundation divided the scholarship scheme into three categories.
- ONGC Foundation Scholarship for Economically weaker General Category Students
- ONGC Foundation Scholarship for OBC Category Students
- ONGC Foundation Scholarship for meritorious SC/ST Category Students
The eligibility criteria for all of these Scholarship categories are almost the same. The division has done only on the basis of reservation category.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for ONGC Scholarship 2023 are described below as per the official notification published on the official website of the ONGC Foundation.
- The applicant must be an Indian national and studying in India only.
- Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Master’s degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA.
- The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full-time regular courses.
- Have secured a minimum 60% marks in class 12 for Engineering / MBBS course.
- Minimum of 60% marks in graduation for PG courses in Geology / Geophysics/MBA.
- Have a gross family income of less than INR 4.50 Lakhs per annum from all sources. (for SC/ST Category)
- Have a gross family income of less than INR 2 Lakhs per annum from all sources. (for General Category)
- Not be more than 30 years of age as of 1 October 2023
- The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail of any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source.
Number of ONGC Scholarships
ONGC Foundation provides a total of 2000 Scholarships to the students. Category-wise and zone-wise numbers of Scholarships are described below.
- Economical Weaker General Category Scholarship – 500
- OBC Category Scholarship Scheme – 500
- Scholarship for SC/ST students – 1000
ONGC Foundation categorises all the States into 5 zones and distributed the number of Scholarships amounts these zones.
|Scholarship Name||General Category||OBC Category||SC/ST Category|
|J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh (Zone-1)||100||100||200|
|Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Havel (Zone-2)||100||100||200|
|Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura (Zone-3)||100||100||200|
|Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal (Zone-4)||100||100||200|
|Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands (Zone-5)||100||100||200|
Important Dates – ONGC Scholarship
ONGC Foundation announces the Scholarship scheme every year. Know the important dates of this scholarship scheme. When the Online application will start, the last date of application & the date of the merit list will publish.
|Online Application Start||July 2023|
|Online Application Last Date||September 2023|
|Final Merit list Publish||December 2023|
Selected candidates for ONGC Scholarship 2023 will receive Rs. 48,000 per year as scholarship amount directly on their bank account. Engineering (B.E, B.Tech), MBBS students will receive the scholarship amount for 4 years and MBA, Masters in Geology/Geophysics students will receive the scholarship amount for 2 years.
Students have to renew their scholarship application online to receive the amount till the end of their course.
How to Apply for ONGC Scholarship 2023
Eligible students can apply online for the ONGC Foundation Scholarship scheme through online mode only at www.ongcscholar.org website.
Know about the steps to apply online for ONGC Scholarship scheme for Engineering, MBBS, MBA & Masters in Geology/Geophysics students.
- Visit the official website of ONGC Foundation i.e. www.ongcscholar.org
- Click on the ‘Apply for Scholarship‘ option from the menu bar.
- Select the Scholarship Scheme for which you are eligible from the list of General Category, OBC Category & SC/ST category students.
- Read the official notification carefully before filling the application form.
- Fill the Online Application Form carefully with all your details.
- Upload the supportive documents online.
- Download the system-generated Application Form with all the details.
- Attach supportive documents with the application form.
- Send the application form through speed post at the respective ONGC office (will be mentioned on the Application Form).
Candidates have to attach the following supportive documents with the Application Form duly certified and attested by their Head/Principal/Dean of the Institution/College/University. Here are the list of required documents for the ONGC Scholarship 2023 scheme.
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC, in English or Hindi)
- Age Proof Certificate (birth certificate/10th Admit Card)
- Copy of Graduation mark sheet in case of MBA/Master’s in Geology/Geophysics students
- Certified copy of annual income certificate of the family in Hindi/English language
- Bank details of the applicant in the ECS form as prescribed
- Copy of PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case it is not available)
- Certified copy of annual income certificate of the family in Hindi/English language.
ONGC Scholarship – Selection Procedure
ONGC Foundation will select the eligible applicants based on various factors like;
- Selection of the candidate will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination prescribed for each eligible course of study.
- In the case of students have equal marks in the qualifying examination students with lower family income will be selected.
- Preference shall be given to students from below poverty line (BPL) families and other students shall be considered only if a sufficient number of students from BPL families fulfilling the eligibility criteria is not available.
ONGC Foundation will send an email to the students if he/she will become selected for the scholarship scheme.
Terms & Conditions of ONGC Scholarship
As per the official notification of this scholarship scheme, ONGC Foundation mentioned some important terms and conditions for this National Scholarship Scheme. Here are some important T&C about this scholarship.
- 50% of scholarships are reserved for girl students.
- Students belonging to other categories (General, SC/ST) shall apply in their respective schemes as and when announced and not under this scheme.
- OBC caste certificate issued by competent government authorities is to be furnished.
- The scholarship is admissible for full-time regular courses only.
- Students must ensure they provide the active bank account details which should not likely to be changed later after selection.
- Students need to maintain a minimum of 60% or 6 grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester examination to ensure the continuation of the scholarship.
- The selected candidate must not be availing of the benefits of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source.
Click Here to Apply Online for the ONGC Scholarship scheme
Students can contact to ONGC Foundation with any query related to ONGC Scholarship Scheme 2023. The official address of this foundation is;
ONGC Foundation, 3012, 3rd Floor, Deen Dayal Urja Bhavan, 5, Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi 110070.
The helpline email is, email@example.com and students can also contact through 011-26753125 or 011-26753132 phone number.
Frequently Asked Question
Who can apply for the ONGC Scholarship scheme?
Students pursuing the 1st-year course of Engineering, MBBS, MBA or Master in Geophysics / Geology programme can apply for ONGC Foundation Scholarship.
What is the Scholarship Amount?
The maximum scholarship amount is INR 48,000 per annum.
What is the duration of the ONGC Scholarship scheme?
ONGC Foundation will provide the scholarship, till the end of your current course. 4 years for Engineering & MBBS and 2 years for MBA and Masters.
What is the Total Number of Scholarships?
The total number of scholarships are 2000 with all the categories.
When the Online Application will start?
ONGC Scholarship 2023 Online Application will start in July 2023.
How can I apply for ONGC Scholarship Renewal?
Students can apply online for renewal scholarships using their Login id and password.
If you have any other query or doubt you can post it in the below comment box.